Thursday, March 8, 2012

First Headset

            Well I now am ready to start flying. I just received my first avionic headset from Gulf Coast Avionics, all I need is a VFR Kneeboard (hint hint mother..lol) to complete my student pilot gear. There are still a few books I will need once I get closer to the long distance flight planning.
            Now a surprising story I found out about my headset. I recently turned 24 years old, and was looking for something to get myself. I get a magazine from a pilot shop in Ohio; I take a look at it every so often just to see if there is anything interesting. Will I got on amazon.com just to see what kind of avionic gear they sale, and found some nice headsets, well I only found one that I liked, so I bought them. Took about a week to receive them, when I got them and looked at the invoice, I found out that Gulf Coast Avionics is located in Lakeland Florida. Why is that so surprising? Will I work in the Engineering Department for Wastequip and we have several plants that we do the Engineering for including Minnesota, Texas, Tennessee, & Lakeland, Florida. I typed in the address of Gulf Coast Avionics and Wastequip Florida and found out that they are about two miles away from each other. Now isn’t that something.

No comments:

Post a Comment