Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back to School

            Well I didn’t fly today but I preferred it that way. I would like to know basics before taking a seat as the pilot. We went in the pilot’s room. He started off with flying patterns for Shelbyville Airport. For example most airports have a left pattern, so when you take off or come in to the airspace of that airport you will need to be on the left side of the take-off / landing runway that you will be using. When you take off or land, you go into the wind. So if the wind is coming from the north than you take off or land in to the north.
             He wanted to take off, but he checked the wind and it was a good cross-wind so he said that it would be best to not fly today, so we started learning to read section carts, sectionals are maps that a pilot uses to determine what altitude is needed, airport traffic info, ect. That is going to be some getting use to, but I am sure after a few more lessons I will be able to read them like if I was reading a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment